- Contest theme is “Dreams,” brought to you by Copic Marker.
- Eligible artwork must be proportional to a tall, narrow vertical format. Final piece will be enlarged to 89 inches by 193 inches.
- Each submission must use Copic products in whole or in part. All artists must provide the information as to what Copic product was used in the submission.
- This contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada only.
- Artwork will be judged by five committee members including: A City of Eugene Public Art Committee member, an Ethos Magazine representative, a Ninkasi Brewing representative, a Copic Marker representative, and the City of Eugene Public Art Manager.
Artwork will be judged on three categories:
1. Aesthetics (color, style, vibrancy): 1-100 scale
2. Relevance (how does the artwork relate to the theme, DREAM): 1-100 scale
3. Uniqueness: 1-100 scale
First prize: $350, a 36pc Copic Marker Sketch set, a Copic Multiliner SP 10pc set, plus your name and artwork featured in a highly visible downtown location!
Second prize: 24pc Copic Marker Sketch Set and a Copic Multiliner B2 9pc set
Third prize: Copic Marker Multiliner SP 10pc set
May 1, 2012: Final date for art submission
May 7-11, 2012: Selection of winning artwork with representatives from City of Eugene, Public Art Committee, Ninkasi, ETHOS and COPIC on the selection panel
Saturday, June 2nd, 2012: Tentative unveiling of art
PROMOTIONAL USAGE OF SUBMISSIONS
By submitting your artwork, you are agreeing to allow contest sponsors the right to use submitted art for promotional purposes in connection with this contest. Sponsors are required to specify contest name each time art is used. Copyright for artwork is maintained by the artist and no art will be reproduced without reference to DREAM contest or for sale. Exclusive use of art, or usage without specifying this contest, requires negotiations with artist(s).
The submission deadline has passed, thank you to everyone who entered!